Thursday, April 08, 2010

Vale Malcolm McLaren



It's wrecked my day, which was otherwise pretty good, to read of Malcolm McLaren's death. I've enjoyed his maverick ways for so long it's sad to think there'll be no more. For sure I'll never forget the night, long ago, when the NZ television show Radio with Pictures aired the rump of the Pistols performing "No one is innocent" in Rio, with Ronnie Biggs doing a pretty fair (by punk standards) job of the vocals. As nihilist moments go, that one was pretty funny.

Johnny Rotten, who missed the Rio gig having quit the band just days before, says "Above all else [Malcolm McLaren] was an entertainer and I will miss him, and so should you".

I will, Johnny, I will.

Feed it heaps on the other side, Malcolm. You did crazy just fine down here.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?