Sunday, August 31, 2014
Third new book in our series! "English Teaching and New Literacies Pedagogy"
From the back cover:
[This collection] is about the fusion of media and narrative, and explores theoretical and practical dimensions of young people’s engagement with contemporary forms of text. It showcases a range of critical interpretative approaches for integrating multimedia narratives into English teaching contexts, including animated films such as Shaun Tan’s The Lost Thing, digital novels such as Inanimate Alice and 5 Haitis, and a virtual treatment of Shakespeare’s Macbeth. English teachers across grade levels will recognize the valuing of literature and will appreciate the practical pedagogy and fostering of creativity as students are encouraged to explore new forms of narrative. In the context of developing expertise in knowing how multimodal texts work, students can apply that knowledge in their own authoring of digital multimedia narratives.Contents include:
- Len Unsworth: Toward a Metalanguage for Multimedia Narrative Interpretation and Authoring Pedagogy: A National Curriculum Perspective from Australia
- Angela Thomas: Using Contemporary Picture Books to Explore the Concept of Intermodal Complementarity
- Angela Thomas: Digital Fiction
- Thomas Apperley & Catherine Beavis: A Model for Critical Games Literacy
- Paul D. Chandler: Enabling Students to Be Effective Multimodal Authors
- Len Unsworth: The Image/Language Interface in Picture Books as Animated Films: A Focus for New Narrative Interpretation and Composition Pedagogies
- Annemaree O’Brien: Using Focalisation Choices to Manipulate Audience Viewpoint in 3-D Animation Narratives: What Do Student Authors Need to Know?
- Martin Waller: Social Media, Education, and Contentious Literacies
- Angela Thomas, Jenny White & Ros Lippis: Teaching Inanimate Alice
- Julie Bain & Len Unsworth: Empowering Older Adolescents as Authors: Multiliteracies, Metalanguage, and Multimodal Versions of Literary Narratives
- Winyu Chinthammit & Angela Thomas: Augmented Reality in the English Classroom
- Angela Thomas, Kerreen Ely-Harper & Kate Richards: Virtual Macbeth: Using Virtual Worlds to Explore Literary Texts.
At Just Med USA, we are one of the leading suppliers of adderall
in the industry. You can order Adderall online from us by simply adding it
to the cart and proceeding to checkout.
Tel : +1 (206) 238-1596
Wickr : chemishop